The Bible is an incredible gift from God to us. Through His Word, God teaches us about Himself, ourselves, the world, and life. That the Creator of the Universe would speak to us is incredible to consider. Reading the Bible and praying is the cornerstone of a relationship with God.
Let us know you’re in by signing up for daily emails below! Under that you can see the entire plan with links for each day’s reading. To download a PDF of the reading plan, click here!
How to Read the Bible
How do we engage with the Bible? It can be hard to understand at times, but God also promises to teach us by His Spirit as we read His Word. In reading the Bible you’re not reading a textbook, you’re receiving from your Creator.
As you read each day, we encourage you to follow these simple steps to help you thoughtfully engage with your heart, mind, and spirit:
- Say a short prayer asking God to teach you and meet you through His Word. (And anything else you want to pray about.)
- Read the passage.
- Look over the passage and think about these two questions. It may be helpful to have a journal or app to write your thoughts down.
- What does this teach me about God?
- What does this teach me about myself?
- Pray again, thanking God for His Word and responding to what may be on your heart and mind after reading.
Daily Readings for our 30 Day Bible Fit Challenge
We have five days of reading per week, so you can miss a couple days and not fall behind. If you read seven days, great! Pick some passages on your own or re-read from that week.